Menu

Favorite Christmas Cookie recipes? Have any to share?

Well, I had hoped to finish out this week before breaking for Christmas and New Year, but after I went down w/ a killer migraine this afternoon and got my monthly visitor this evening...I'm done. So, instead of the normal academic schedule, I thought we'd just read and bake! I'm tired of the "normal" Christmas cookies...chocolate chip (and variations thereof), sugar cookies, oatmeal/raisin or oatmeal/craisin which were yummy last year! Anyway, have any cookie recipes that are simple and YUMMY? Thanks!:)

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

INGREDIENTS

• 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the butter mixture until well blended. Mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
  3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set. Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

I made these recently and they were YUMMY and a huge hit.

POTATO CHIP COOKIES

1 c. butter

1/2 c. sugar

1 egg

1 1/2 c. flour

1 tsp. vanilla

1 c. potato chips, crushed

1/2 c. chopped nuts (optional)

Cream butter, sugar, and egg. Add remaining ingredients. Drop a teaspoonful on cookie sheet, mash slightly with fork. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes. Makes about 50 cookies.

I had these this weekend and they were good. My friend who made them said that they get better after sitting for a few days.