Menu

Eating on $1/day...

http://onedollardietproject.wordpress.com/

This is why I love Saturdays....I have the time to meander and sometimes even happen upon gems-like this blog. I'd love to hear what people think of this. Obviously, it's not something we could do and be healthy but I wonder, how close could we get?

It's a cool thing to think about.

They are seriously lacking in fruits and vegetables. In the first seven days of their experiment, the only things they ate that resembled a fruit or vegetable were several small strips of lettuce, four figs, lemon juice in their water, a serving of frozen broccoli, canned tomatoes in the form of spaghetti sauce and a few onions on their pizza.

I understand the point they are trying to make, but I wonder why they didn't choose a slightly higher dollar amount and try to prove that one can eat *well* for less.

I watched a clip of them and they said they ate plain oatmeal for breakfast, PNBT and jelly ( 1 tbsp each) on homemade bread for lunch and beans/rice on tortillas for dinner and drank tang for Vit C. Doesn't sound too healthy really.

I am thinking instead of tortillas, which can be pricey if they bought premade, they could have added some canned veggies atleast. The could probably do beans, veggies and rice or potatoes for lunch and be filled up more and healthier.

It cost just a few dollars to toss together a large pot of veggie soup. Toss in a can of beans and your go to go. That could have fed them lunch for a week.

Be an interesting experiment though.