Menu

Summer Math

Dianthus

I'm trying to plan summer. I want to maintain skills but keep it light to have lots of time for fun.

I will likely have ds10 do some BA since he's done well with it before. I'm wondering what I should do for math for dd12. I think she'll finish saxon 8/7 on time. She is good at math, aces all tests, but says she doesn't like it. I don't really want to jump immediately to Algebra I. I'm thinking it would be fun to focus on geometry for the summer. Any one have recommendations?  I'd like to keep it at no more than 30 min per day. I don't want to build anything myself. I don't have time right now.

I think dd stopped at BA level 4. Maybe I should try level 5 for her? It looks like there is some geometry.

BA 5 has one chapter of Geometry (5A, Ch 1) as well as one on Statistics (5B, Ch 4) which cage might find interesting. 

You could also look into Didax Pentominoes, which focuses on spatial logic. It includes sections on area, perimeter, similar shapes, congruence, & symmetry as well as a variety of puzzles / games. 

Patty Paper Geometry is a more traditional geometry study that takes a kinesthetic approach to creating parallel / perpendicular lines, exploring angles, & working with the polygons they create. 

• Thanks 1