Menu

Well-Trained Mind Recommended Curricula

Nancy K.

While researching curricula, I often see the Well-Trained Mind Recommeded curricula logo with various products.  However, many of these products are not included in the Well-Trained Mind 4th Edition book.  I assume there is a web-page with Susan Bauer's newer resource recommendations, but I am unable to find it.    I would appreciate any help you can provide me.  Thanks!

Hi, Nancy--

First off, welcome to the forums!

I'm checking into a couple of things regarding your question, but while I wait for that information, I thought I could make a couple of remarks.

Since the 2016 publication of The Well-Trained Mind, the Press has added titles to our offerings.  It might seem self-serving to pitch our own products, but we developed them for a reason: we saw a gap between the vision delivered in TWTM and the curriculum available in the marketplace.  Since TWTM was published, we have produced (and obviously, would recommend!)--

Grammar for the Well-Trained Mind - Intermediate/Advanced Grammar, with reference materials

Math With Confidence - Preschool, Kindergarten, and First Grade, with Second Grade coming this summer and other grades one year at a time through 6th grade.  We also have introduced Math Facts that Stick for skills mastery.

Who Said What? - a guide for doing worthy research and avoiding plaigiarism

We have added other products to our curricula collections, as well, including a coloring book, additional Jim Weiss audiobooks, and other products, a book on Rethinking School,  but I wanted to focus on the *curriculum* additions.

Well-Trained Mind Press produces curriculum that focuses on fleshing out the vision and principles described in TWTM...that's why I wanted to mention these materials here.

I'll get back with you if I get further information about your question.  And in the meantime, if you wish, you can take a look at our FAQs which may be of help in giving you more specific guidance.  Or you can email support@welltrainedmind.com to ask questions specific to your situation.  

Helpdesk

Hi, Nancy--and others who are reading along.  

In my last response, I said I was checking into a couple of things regarding your question, and I have an update and a request. 

In your initial post, you said: While researching curricula, I often see the Well-Trained Mind Recommended curricula logo with various products.  However, many of these products are not included in the Well-Trained Mind 4th Edition book.  

Here is what I confirmed: If Well-Trained Mind Press* doesn't publish the curriculum in question AND if that curriculum has the WTM-recommendation logo BUT it's not listed in The Well-Trained Mind,4th edition, that company is not being honest. 

Here is The Request:  Please send the company / curriculum name (and a jpg image if possible) to support@welltrainedmind.com so we can preserve the integrity of our recommendations and the use of our logo.  

Thank you! 

~~Helpdesk

*Until March 2016, Well-Trained Mind Press was known as Peace Hill Press.  Just FYI.