Menu

Daily Movement - Monday, May 24

Jenny in Florida

I'm paying a big price for the time and effort it's taking to clear out and clean the rental. I woke up this morning with my back hurting so badly I actually couldn't breathe properly. So, it took me a little while to lever myself up and out for a walk. Once outside, I logged a little over 3.5K, including four "sprints" of faster walking. I took a few minutes to clear the decks in the kitchen, which has become the place we drop all the small stuff that currently has no designated place to be. Then I did about 10 minutes of fairly perfunctory leg/arm exercises until I needed to sit down to work.

I still have not found the storage bin containing my weights and bands and yoga blocks (which I use for stepping). I'm hoping I will feel at least a little more enthusiastic about or committed to getting back to the morning routine once I have that stuff available.

I'm definitely appreciating the walking opportunities available in my new neighborhood, though.

Z13BZ_EW38fC5rn08D6fjqx_z9if1P05I9EjeiMbAgUYRA-_iP-6YUt6FJvl3qN-CIhZfnKF0rbtnBlAkgg_bnU_v-lng1cLzmXRNw0gCmTNK9xborIX8uCG9RARV6Oi2nblBGbuR-pU6CWa9Skel0lWRFvYT3A-Bxn6_Y-AXy62x44nDLX2rPA0L7SKMN6tWQMPcgemxLSf9oC11ykAvj3KVEPO2lBseI-0yO5FrrvYGOgB0kTEIkUHR9YQoW96hlK8SCb0jRVkDdbK_a3PpmJ490TVmn6cMfKiYi6zP9k9skoax720n6NFnyvLm8e_uhNOP5whBvl8eC9INNQ4myFtbQ5rqi4Og5y0E0NY1gzObBtHQsaS5CfvCIRldr7RKKwAs8TFGwMRJiWu8yLkrcAvkTa7ZQmqmfj6tTwaPmpJiuqF1-HFTbEnscf36snKXr5lR8Em-MH-Ae7n-rXhSnPLvGjejoldPwOr01HYbLSm5Bg1QEwT46RbygDPlorDimBAs-qVWpIpDHCTgdijfvVCU3xYN-PFsc34DGLCxVR6yZaJAWqxHEWq2-DNE3DKSfcxL4kHPncqUAj9vgQO9YgcILFs9Pdz6Pkr-0lCRjbXGYF6QgUw2s3p7o08pa5pczGTvZNyaQ5mU9vvhWNdAsdKs4E_UJTUcQ2RzMYznnKyTWjU8ORDqL-VbuR3TcpY32w-q-in2BFonl43HOwhBJ96=w1110-h833-no?authuser=0

Spring Start Status Update: 517.8 of 500K

Edited by Jenny in Florida
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, sbgrace said:

Ouch! Did the walking help the back Jenny? Sounds really painful.

Getting up and moving does help, once I get underway. I often wake up with some pain in that region (between my waist and the bottom of my shoulder blades) and have to shove myself into an upright sitting position and wait for things to kind of settle into alignment. This was just a particularly bad episode.

Thanks for checking in on me!

• Like 1