Menu

Daily Movement - Saturday, May 22 (Sorry for the late post!)

Jenny in Florida

I encountered a series of unfortunate events trying to get my day started today, and posting this thread was among the casualties. I apologize to anyone who may have been looking or waiting for it.

These threads are for those who'd like accountability and encouragement in doing intentional daily movement. Anyone may join in at any time!

• Like 1

Due to the above-referenced series of events, I logged only a little over 2K in official walking this morning. However, while working on cleaning out the old house and moving my poor, neglected plants, I hit my step count for the day somewhere around 3:00pm. I am also counting the moving and dragging and climbing into and out of the rental truck as my leg/arm exercises for the day. 

If the dog seems to feel like it, we may take another ramble this evening just because. But more likely I am pretty much down for the count. It's been a long day.

Spring Start Status Update: 509.9 of 500K

• Like 2

Your day sounds beyond exhausting Jenny. It's great that you've been able to keep up movement, and adjusted it as you needed to, throughout this move! 

---- 

I did my exercise bike for cardio, then my legs and core strengthening routines.

My left foot neuroma is really hurting. But day after day on the bike is ok with my foot, but wears on me in other ways (my left leg isn't happy). I figured out I can't do my walk at home without aggravating the foot, but I may try to NSAID up, wear my orthotics, and do a walk tomorrow. I don't know if I will regret that. 

The foot really starting to interfere with my fitness goals. And it hurts nearly constantly. If I can't get it calmed down soon, I'm going to have to see the podiatrist for a shot. I really hope to avoid it though. 

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, sbgrace said:

Your day sounds beyond exhausting Jenny. It's great that you've been able to keep up movement, and adjusted it as you needed to, throughout this move! 

---- 

I did my exercise bike for cardio, then my legs and core strengthening routines.

My left foot neuroma is really hurting. But day after day on the bike is ok with my foot, but wears on me in other ways (my left leg isn't happy). I figured out I can't do my walk at home without aggravating the foot, but I may try to NSAID up, wear my orthotics, and do a walk tomorrow. I don't know if I will regret that. 

The foot really starting to interfere with my fitness goals. And it hurts nearly constantly. If I can't get it calmed down soon, I'm going to have to see the podiatrist for a shot. I really hope to avoid it though. 

Thanks for the encouragement!

I had to look up neuroma. I'm sorry, that sounds awful! I have peripheral neuropathy, and I totally understand how frustrating it is to try and find ways to keep up with fitness stuff in the face of these kinds of conditions. I wish you the absolute best in finding a workable management option.