Menu

Vocab Virtuoso

I'm preparing my daughter's fifth grade year and bought Elementary Vocab workbook to incorporate.  We've never incorporated vocabulary only course/program but use other LA programs (All About Spelling, Writing Revolution, Sonlight readers, etc.)....

My question is how do I have her work with this workbook so that it works for her?  It has 15 lists for and lots of workbook pages and storybooks to fill-in the correct words/synonyms.  I'm wondering how she can study the words in a kinsthetic way that isn't just writing out the words and definitions or saying it out repetitively.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sonja

• 1 month later...

My son liked Vocabulary Virtuoso (we used it this year, for 5th). If you're not opposed to buying from Teachers Pay Teachers, try searching for "word work upper elementary" or "vocabulary activities upper elementary".  There should be a bunch of generic activities you can use with any vocabulary list. Writing and illustrating a short story with some or all of the vocabulary list can produce some pretty hilarious results.