Menu

Scholé Academy vs. Memoria Press Online

TheAttachedMama

Can anyone compare these two online class providers?   I am very familiar with Memoria Press, but I was thinking of trying out the Middle School American History and Literature classes through Scholé next year.  

I would love to hear from anyone who has an opinion about this class or the academy in general.   How rigorous are the classes?  How much outside homework is assigned?  How much writing?  

We have taken several classes at Schole, but none with MPOA. The classes have been wonderful. Engaging and work seems appropriate. It doesn't seem like rigor is the goal-- more like really engaging the students deeply. The discussions are deep and thoughtful. My kids have taken logic classes there and my dd is taking a high school lit class this year. There are writing assignments-- nothing overwhelming but it isn't uncommon to have a 2-3 page paper here or there. (a few longer ones in the upper school lit class)

• Like 2