Menu

Developmental psychology for middle school student?

rutheart

My youngest daughter, who will be in seventh grade next year, wants to do developmental psychology as an elective. I am struggling to find anything not intended for high school/college level. Basically, she wants the book pediatricians give you when you have a baby (Caring For Your Baby and Young Child), but written on her level. I am really hoping not to have to write something from scratch. Has anyone seen any books and/or curriculum written on this topic for middle school students? Maybe even an in-depth babysitting prep book? Amazon previews tend not to show the parts of those books that would be applicable, so it's hard for me to gauge which one would help the most.

Thanks,

Ruth

There probably won’t be a lifespan development text for that age. Have you checked out any health curriculum? That might have the basics. Are you looking to go through pediatric to geriatrics? Or do you just want focus on birth to her current age? 

eta: perhaps I misunderstood and you are just looking for early childhood development resources?

Edited by AnneGG

She definitely wants newborn through 5 years old. But even if something covered the entire lifespan, we could skip the pages for the ages she's not currently interested in. I'm looking for anything that is comprehensible without a high school biology class. Her science next year will be biology, but we're going to use a middle grades text as the spine.