Menu

Japanese Maths workbooks

greycouncil

Does anyone know where I can purchase the Tokyo Shoseki OR Gakko Tosho textbooks for Mathematics (written in English)?

I bought pdf copies of the Tokyo Shoseki primary school (Grades 1 to 6) books from a friend, but have been unable to acquire the associated workbooks nor the follow on secondary school textbooks.

As for the Gakko Tosho books, I can't find them anywhere!

PS http://www.globaledresources.com/ seems to have closed down, and the website they link to (www.koyopublishing.com) is also down.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Shak

A new version of Shoseki was made available on Kindle last month (link to Amazon UK for the Grade 1 book), which may be why the old version has been withdrawn, at least from new sales. I have no idea if or when Amazon (or anyone else selling in English) will have print versions available. There doesn't seem to be separate textbooks and workbooks available either, so if you have the new Shoseki, it's possible you may already have all there is to the series in its present form.

CD-Japan indicates it still has English-language Gakko Tosho books.

Globaledresources has been down since 2015, and is not expected to return.