Menu

Writing Tools & Curriculum

Slache

I have a natural writer and I am not one. I have lots of tools on hand to pull from but wanted to ask for more so he can have the variety he wants. We follow a yearly rhythm of NaNoWriMo, an IEW theme book, and then The Creative Writer. I have The Writer's Jungle, Adventures in Fantasy, and several IEW tools that he tends to just abduct and hoard like the most normal 4th grader ever. I'm looking for more of that. Not things I necessarily need to teach, but things he would enjoy having. I am totally open to curriculum as well, I just probably can't implement any more for a while. Clearwater Press is on my list for later on.

Maybe some books like..
-Writing Magic by Gail Carson Levine
-How to Write Your Life Story by Ralph Fletcher
-Pizza, Pigs and Poetry by Jack Prelutsky

These are book books. Little paperbacks. My now U.S. Marine loved to write creatively and really enjoyed these when she was younger.

• Thanks 1

I have found several great writing-for-fun books through Usborne for my natural writer. They approach writing in a fun way and kind of guide them along. I can’t remember exact titles, but I bought them thru Amazon. Here is one of them:

Writing Sci-Fi

The book Writer to Writer by Gail Carson Levine is great. Short chapters that explore characters, setting, etc and then encouragement to try it in your own writing.

Edited by cougarmom4
  • Thanks 1