Menu

Veritas Press Lesson Plans

AngelaR

The following refers to "You Teach" not the online or self-paced classes from VP:  Question about VP lesson plans:  are they worth it?  I'm doing VP Bible lessons with my KG and 1st grader, and I LOVE the text they chose (The Child's Story Bible by Catherine Vos).  Absolutely LOVE.  So do my kids ("Another one, PLEASE Mommy???").  I did get the lesson plans to go with the Veritas Press Bible Program, and we have all the supplements--the timelines and the Wee Sing CDs.  The Bible Lesson Plans cost $29, because I chose to get the rest of the curriculum second hand.  At any rate, I'm really loving the Lesson Plans.  They have a nice mix of just reading the day's story, coloring, singing, artsy activities.  So I'm quite pleased with that, with has caused me to take a second look at the other course offerings from VP.  I would like to do Bede's History of ME, to do a gentle introduction to history.  However, the LPs that accompany that are, from my perspective, a complete waste of money.  They just tell you to "do the activity on pg. whatever" for every single day of the previewed lesson plans from their website.  

Since I'm considering transitioning over to VP from Memoria Press in the next few years (I like their literature selections...still trying to decide about history), I'm wondering what the lesson plans from VP are like the majority of the time.  If the majority are more similar to the Bible LPs I got, cool.  I can see paying for those.  But if they are going to be more along the lines of the LPs that accompany Bede's History of ME, then, I don't see the point of throwing my money away.  Does that make sense?