Menu

help me choose a new printer/copier

ProudGrandma

My printer/copier/scanner died and I need to replace it.  I am looking for one that does all of those things, including color copies.  Of course, I dont' want each copy to cost me an arm and leg per copy based on the ink needed.  I also would prefer it not be super big.  Any other features are bonus...like automatic 2 sided, self feeding things to copy....that sort of thing.  I just need a basic home use machine.  Please help me pick one out.  Thanks. 

I love, love, love the HP Instant Ink service. You choose a monthly plan based on about how many copies you usually print, and the extra charge if you over is very reasonable. When I've gone over by more than a few, I've actually had them email me in the middle of the month and ask if I want to change plans so it's cheaper (they let you change for that month even if you've already gone over). Then I changed it back to the lower plan when my print mania was over. 

A page is a page, no matter how much color you use, so I don't sit there stressing about whether I really need this full page photo or not. 

You have the printer hooked to your network and HP, so they send new ink in the mail and you never run out and never have to order it. There's an envelope to send the old cartridges back for recycling. It's all in the monthly fee. 

dh and I both have printers from the OfficeJet Pro series and like them. They're really old so I don't have a specific current recommendation. 

44 minutes ago, katilac said:

I love, love, love the HP Instant Ink service. You choose a monthly plan based on about how many copies you usually print, and the extra charge if you over is very reasonable. When I've gone over by more than a few, I've actually had them email me in the middle of the month and ask if I want to change plans so it's cheaper (they let you change for that month even if you've already gone over). Then I changed it back to the lower plan when my print mania was over. 

A page is a page, no matter how much color you use, so I don't sit there stressing about whether I really need this full page photo or not. 

You have the printer hooked to your network and HP, so they send new ink in the mail and you never run out and never have to order it. There's an envelope to send the old cartridges back for recycling. It's all in the monthly fee. 

dh and I both have printers from the OfficeJet Pro series and like them. They're really old so I don't have a specific current recommendation. 

do you have to buy the printer directly from HP to use this service...or can I buy the printer from Amazon or someplace else and then still get the service?