Menu

PSAT scores received yesterday & Q about My College QuickStart

We finally got dd's scores. They weren't shabby by any stretch, but not NM (according to the link). Stinks.

If your dd's scores were high, she will get good attention from colleges! The National Merit Finalist scores are very high, and it's a difficult standard for most kids to attain. Colleges are still looking for kids with a good, solid academic background, and I believe they'll give kids who received high PSAT scores a shot at other scholarships.

Be encouraged, and give yourself and your dd a pat on the back!

I had my 10th grader take it as practice w/o any prep so I get a "baseline".

What do you all recommend for studing for the PSAT? How long should I allow if he's gonna take it "for real" next fall?

The report says to add a zero at the end of his score to estimate his SAT score, but what IS a good SAT score?

TIA!

Kimm in WA

The report says to add a zero at the end of his score to estimate his SAT score, but what IS a good SAT score?

That's the $64,000 question! (or is that dating me?)

A good score varies depends on what your child would like to do. If your son has an idea of what college he would like to go to, look to see what the SAT scores are of the entering freshmen. The information is usually fairly easy to find on a college's website, or you can get one of those tomes on many colleges at the library or bookstore and look up colleges of interest.

Regards,

Kareni