Menu

X post- 7th grade planning help

WahM

Hello, I'm trying to decide on a couple of things for 7th grade. For writing we used WWS1 and I think it is just a fabulous program and wanted to keep going with it, but my daughter on the other hand loves W&R and wants to switch back to that program. My concern is that it's not a "rigorous" enough of a program? I want to her have a solid writing background, will W&R be solid enough and teach her the skills needed? If we do switch back what book should we do? We had only completed 1-3 last time we used it because we also used some Killgallon writing books with it. So should we move up to book 5 or 6 or continue with 4? I’ve also looked at LLATL and considering switching to this since it contains all aspects of English in one and possibly adding in a middle school killgallon book. I’m just worried it too “light” it looks great, but I have no experience with it.

Now for math, she completed pre-algebra last year along with doing Alcumus and has still continued to do Alcumus. So we are going to move on to algebra 1 and tentatively plan to take 2 years to complete, if needed. I plan on using Foerster's and I may possibly purchase the MOB videos. Does this sound like a good plan or is there a different program we should look into that's better suited for a student her age starting Algebra?

Are there self paced online/video courses for science and history that won't break the bank?