Menu

Trying to remember the name of a sience program

freethinkermom

I remember looking at this program a couple of years ago and thinking about for ds11, but it was not right for him. Now I would like to look at it again for ds6, but I cannot find the name in my notes and google has not helped. Maybe someone here will recognize it even though I never see anyone talk about it.

It is basically one big book for grade k-8 or maybe k-12 written by a scientist. I think it was pretty secular otherwise I would not have considered it. The book was like a syllabus for all the grades it covered with some information, directions on where to get more, and detailed direction for teaching and implementation. It covered all physical and life science in a specific order. There was a Yahoo group where you could ask the author questions directly. The book could be purchased from Amazon or directly from the author's site. I "think" his name started with an "N", but I may be wrong there.

Nebel's Elementary Education?

It's a great book to go through during the logic stage. He has a web site and I believe a Yahoo group as well. Here is the Amazon "Look Inside" link"

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_b/102-5913657-4061700?url=node%3D75&field-keywords=nebel%27s+elementary+education&x=0&y=0

I think that is it! Thanks.