Menu

What is Biblioplan?

FloridaMomTo5

I think I remember reading that Biblioplan was put together before SOTW was written. The authors read WTM and loved the idea and put together a history course that reflected what SWB described in WTM. It is essentially a list of resource books, readers, and family read-alouds and a schedule of what to read each day, 3 times a week, for a year. They have resources for 3 different age groups plus a high school supplement. There are also map, timeline, and writing suggestions.

When SOTW came out, the Biblioplan authors added that to their schedule of readings. So they have a slightly different order for studying things and a slightly different list of what is studied each year. If you use SOTW as one of your sources (it is scheduled, but you could opt not to use it), you are getting everything in SOTW, but maybe in a different order. You are also studying some topics not in SOTW using other scheduled resources, such as studying the Nation of Israel in year 1, or the 3 weeks of renaissance artists we just did in year 2, or more U.S. history in years 3 and 4. I think it is a very rich and interesting way to study history, but obviously it is a heavier reading load than SOTW alone. If it sounds interesting, do check it out at Biblioplan.net.