Menu

Science books for school library upgrade

MrsPNGmama

I am the new librarian at the international school here on our mission center. I have been tasked with updating the non-fiction over the next few years. I would like some recommendations, particularly in the areas of the "pure sciences" for K-5/6 grades that have a more Biblical perspective. I don't have a problem with supplementing with secular books....but it would be really nice to give the kids some books with qualified folks in the sciences that aren't opposed to offering a perspective that includes God in the science.

We have kids coming from 16 different cultures and some from very different religious backgrounds. I would very much like to avoid the tone of "You're wrong if you don't believe this way" on either side of this coin.

Thank you.

Bumping you .........

My kids are in University so I haven’t taught or looked at elementary science books for quite awhile.  I know where to buy curriculum but not necessarily individual books.  This series of nature readers was good https://www.conquestbooks.co.uk/christian_books.php?menu_page=171.    We used Usbourne pretty extensively for our science program.   I have noticed Timberdoodle now offers secular and non secular home ed kits.  https://timberdoodle.com/collections/curriculum-kits.  It might be worthwhile to browse through their curriculum....they are wonderful at science.