Menu

NYC bag storage options

Familia

Our DS was invited to go a week early to tag along with an undergraduate Wall Street experience group given by a faculty member he does research for.  He has all his own travel arrangements apart from theirs - staying way out in Brooklyn.  He isn't sure he can check in as early as his plane lands in order to rid himself of his backpack - any thoughts?  I have heard about drop-stations for bags. Are those secure?  

Thanks to all who helped me get started on my new hobby - NYC trip planning LOL, I just know we will love it there!

55 minutes ago, Bootsie said:

Is he staying in a hotel in Brooklyn?  He can probably drop his bags off at that hotel even if he cannot check in when he arrives.  

An Airbnb, but I was hoping to save him the extra commuting time.  I am in contact with the renter, though, and awaiting a response.  

There will be another day when we switch our accommodations (we're staying in two places for the experience...well, three places if you count his alone), and I think I, for one, will be sore for hours with my backpack.  

The research I have done includes bag pick-up services (such as Mybagcheck) and drop-off places (luggage hero is one); I am wondering if anyone here has experiences with those types of services.