Menu

I somehow have two profiles on here

mazakaal

I used to be extremely regular on these forums, but have only posted intermittently the past several years. I've been on the boards a bit the past few weeks as I try to figure out what curriculum to use for next year, and I noticed that my profile says that I only have post numbers in the 30s. I know that I used to have numbers in the thousands, so I thought that maybe the boards reset or something while I was off them, and I didn't really give it a second thought until today. I'm trying to figure out what to use for Economics for dd and remembered that a few years ago I was in the same predicament planning ds's economics course. I had asked for advice here and had had a really good discussion, which I wanted to look back at. So I searched the high school forum for posts on economics and found my old post. It actually has my old name mazakaal, which I used to use, with the thousands of posts numbers. Then it occurred to me that I had changed my name a few times over the years that I was on the boards, and mazakaal was the last name I had used. MEPinUK is one that I had used a while ago. So why, when I log in with the password that my computer has stored, did it create a new account for me using an old name? According to my profile, I joined April 13, 2018, but I've been a member with the same email since the old, old boards. I think I joined in around 2002 or something. Is there any way to go back to using the mazakaal profile? Has anyone else had problems with this?

This is most likely because of the changes that were made when we upgraded the boards. It used to be that your username and password for the forum was separate from the login and password for the store/general WTM account, so some people had different emails, usernames, and passwords for each. Now, one account is used for both the store account and forum access, and that account is established by email address. You may have had an older email associated with an older profile that got "chosen" by the system as your account. Your old profile is still there. It just needs to be merged with the account (and forum profile) that is established now.

I am going to go look into this. It should be an easy fix, but I may need to contact you for additional info. I will update you shortly.

Alrighty, you are now mazakaal again! If you need any adjustments made to the account/profile that you can't make on your end, or if something is being difficult, you can submit a request for help. 

***I just sent an email to both of your email addresses that were on file under the two profiles. You can just reply to my email if you need anything. I will be able to resolve any problems that you may have faster that way.

1 hour ago, customerservice said:

Alrighty, you are now mazakaal again! If you need any adjustments made to the account/profile that you can't make on your end, or if something is being difficult, you can submit a request for help. 

***I just sent an email to both of your email addresses that were on file under the two profiles. You can just reply to my email if you need anything. I will be able to resolve any problems that you may have faster that way.

Thank you so much! I feel like myself again. 😉