Menu

Feeling so thankful

hippiemamato3

DS16  was the first love of my life. I left an abusive marriage when he was an infant, and we have a very close bond. Though I've been remarried since he was 2, and we adopted two other children - he and I have maintained that special closeness. For the last year he has struggled with depression and anxiety. It's been so bad he has missed school, lost weight due to not eating enough, and it's affected really all aspects of his life. We have a new psychiatrist and he has been on a new medication for almost 2 months, and he's finally doing so much better. I can't even express how much my heart sings seeing him smile, and laugh, and be himself again. He's talking about the future, wants to get his license and a job - I'm just feeling so incredibly grateful for answered prayers this Christmas. The only thing I really wanted for Christmas was to have him back. I know the road is still long, and there may still be hard, dark days ahead...but today I'm so thankful. I just wanted to share in case anyone else is in the hard, dark space with their child - there is hope. 

• Like 14