Menu

Help for homeschooling victims of Northern California fires

Ms.Ivy

I haven't been to these forums for a while but I just wanted to pop in and let you all know how you can help homeschoolers who have lost everything in the Northern California fires this past week.  (If this type of post is allowed!)  I am sure you know from the news that roughly 8000 families have lost their homes so far from a single fire in Nor Cal.  There are many homeschooling families in that mix.

If you know someone personally affected, there are resource libraries for members of certain homeschool organizations which you can direct them to for help.  But in addition, there is a homeschool bookstore which is teaming up with local organizations to rebuild family homeschool libraries.  They will provide new curriculum for free to any family who has lost their home.  However, they need donations to do this and are asking for people to purchase gift certificates to donate.  The name of the store is A Brighter Child and it is in Fair Oaks, CA.  You can find them online at www.abrighterchild.com.  I am not affiliated with that store in any way.

Thank you

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2