Menu

podcast interview of Richard Rusczyk

This was neat to hear! Thanks for posting. 

I'm a book-oriented person, and I have not allowed the kids to have internet access much, so I hadn't really considered using the online program. Dd is doing fine on AOPS Pre-Algebra, and so far I'm able to help her with it. However, after hearing him talk about it, I'm thinking of using the online stuff some. It sounds so good. Hearing him rave about the interaction makes me want in on the fun. 

You know, the online classes aren't right for every student.  I'm tutoring a kid right now who is/has taken several AoPS online classes.  He love them, but...he still needs guidance and additional instruction in order to complete the homework.  That's why they hire me.  

I never had my dd's take the online classes, except for the "extra" classes for AMC and MathCounts prep.  The core classes we did at home using the textbook only.  

What I mean to say is YMMV, and if the books are working for you and you want to stay low-media, don't feel like you need to change.  

• Like 1