Menu

History of the Ancient World

You can buy a Study & Teaching Guide for The History of the Ancient World from Well-Trained Mind Press.  As a download it's only about $20, though you can buy the print book for about $40.  If it's set up the same way as the one for The History of the Medieval World, which my 10th grade daughter is doing this year, it will have an identification section entitled Who/What/Where, a section of Comprehension Questions, a section of Critical Thinking, and a section of maps.  

• Like 1

I second buying the study guide, however, in order to complete the book in a school year, your student will have to  read and complete the related work for three chapters, every week.  We just started school this week and my daughter is working through the third chapter of History of the Ancient World.  We're already seeing that she's going to have to cut back on the number of questions she answers.  It's a lot of work.  The guide is very helpful but you may choose not to have your student complete all of the work.  Just an idea.

• Like 2

Thank you so much for your replies, it means a lot to me that you took the time to help!! I do have the study guide--but looking through it, I just wasn't sure how much I should be expecting my daughter to be doing in a week. I'm guessing this will take us more than a year to complete, which is totally ok with me--it just really seemed like A LOT!!! Thank you, Stlily, for giving me a breakdown of the week!!