Menu

Funny experience with a veggie burger

Greta

Hi Everyone!  I haven't been around much lately because I had surgery a couple of weeks ago, and had to reprioritize a bit during recovery!  I hope that everyone is doing well.  

Before my surgery I had a little weekend vacation with my BFF, which was fun.  At one restaurant where we ate, I ordered a veggie burger.  When I tasted it, I almost gagged.  It tasted absolutely like meat to me, and I found it repulsive.  I had my friend try it, and she said "no, that's veggie."  So I tried again, and again it tasted so meaty to me that I didn't want to eat it.  I flagged down the waiter to make sure he'd gotten my order right!  He said he'd had other vegans and vegetarians send it back, because he couldn't convince them that it was 100% plant-based.  He also said that it was another company's version of The Impossible Burger.  I made myself eat it, but I hated it!  

I think it would probably be great for Flexitarians and people just transitioning to vegan, but wow, I did not realize how completely I had lost my taste for meat until I took a bite of that.  It was awful to me!  And another funny thing about this:  in 12 years of eating low-carb, I NEVER lost my taste for potatoes, bread, or pasta!  ?  

I looked it up and it’s amazing how it looks like a meat hamburger.  Wish I could buy a frozen one for my vegetarian dd.  There’s not a location close to me.

It’s funny how you thought it might be a meat burger, but your friend was sure it wasn’t!  I’m curious to know how it tasted, but I will stick with the real thing!

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

My friend said that it did have a very meaty, smoky flavor, but for her it was the texture that gave it away.  She's an omnivore who loves meat, so I guess she knows her stuff better than I do now.  I found it completely convincing!  

• Like 1