Menu

I need a recommendation for a Bible commentary ( obviously cc lol)

I just checked my Rod and Staff catalog since you said you are a KJV family. I can't recommend them from personal use, but I'd trust pretty much anything R&S offers on the Bible.

They have two commentaries in the 2008 catalog. One is called "Matthew Henry's Commentary" and it costs $25 (one volume), and the other is "Jamieson, Fausset, and Brown Commentary on the Whole Bible" and it is $47.90 (3 volumes).

I hope this helps.

Chelle

Well, the one I really like is this one. I like it because it's very straight forward and easy to understand. Also, it's the only commentary I could find that held a viewpoint on Philemon that I had heard and never heard anywhere else. I literally looked at every commentary at the bookstore one day, specifically in Philemon because I was so awed at the viewpoint I had recently heard - and it made so much sense. So when I came across this commentary and it had a very similar tone (and looking through the rest of it too, of course, I liked what I read), I bought it.

But it is in very modern language, which is why I wondered about your reason for KJV. If you really like the wording of the KJV, this wouldn't be for you. But I'm not sure I've seen a commentary with KJV wording either, though....