Menu

What age should I start bravewriter?

bnwhitaker

I have a 6yr old and we are doing LOE foundations A-D.  

Does anyone have advice or input on when we should begin bravewriter.  My goal with that

will be to use their online courses.  But I know that is a while off since he's not going to be

ready for that for a while. 

He won't be ready for their online courses for at least another 2-3 years (though I'll add the caveat that they're adding a lot of different options, including things for younger kids, so that could change... but very few kids would be ready to get the most out of Kidswrite Basic before age 8 or 9 and many kids take it even older).

You could absolutely get Jot It Down right now. It would give you fun, language rich projects to do together. And you could get the Quiver of Arrows right now. It would give you read alouds and some extra copywork and little projects to do. You could also get and read The Writer's Jungle for yourself right now. It's the whole BW philosophy in a book and gives you the big picture of the BW lifestyle.

Or you could wait. But any of those things could be good now, depending on what you want and what you have time for.

• Like 3