Menu

Roblox?

Petrichor

Does anyone have kids that play this? 

I don't know much about it.

It seems sort of like lego meets mini-clip, trying to be somewhat like minecraft.

Do all of the roblox games involve shooting? Or just the ones that my DS seems to like?

He has addictive tendencies that seem to come out quite strongly when he plays roblox. He claims that theres no way to save a game, and gets upset when it's time to stop playing.

Edited by Dust

DS and all his friends play Roblox.  There are A TON of different types of games on there.  It's designed a lot like minecraft/lego.  Not my cuppa, but whatever.  You can also get a builders account to create your own games that other people can play too. 

Yeah, no way to save your gameplay.  But I've found that when DS tells me he wants to play Roblox, I need to tell him exactly how long he will have to play.  If it's like 10 or 15 minutes, he won't play because it wouldn't be worth it since no saving games.  But 20+ minutes generally works out OK.

Thanks!

I hate it because it's so cheesy and there is chat on there, but we monitor ds11 pretty well and he loves it.  I've tried to find other games to lessen his interest...nope.  He now has 16yo and 18yo playing with him!  Gahhh!!  LOL  I'd say sit with him if he's going to be using chat and set some ground rules if you want to.  tell him not to fall for "scams" that offer Free Robux because they might ask for your password!  Sometimes people aren't nice, if that's a concern for you.