Menu

Do you have your 7th grader take notes for Apologia General Science?

mazakaal

I want ds to take some notes or make flashcards, but he thinks I'm being completely unreasonable. At what age do you have your dc begin to take notes? Should I just have him do the summary questions for review? I don't want him highlighting the book because I hope to use it with the other dc. So, what do you require of your 7th grader?

I also have a 7th grade ds who would be extremely unhappy with me if I asked him to take notes on GS. I do have him write down the definitions, complete (in writing) all the on your own questions, and complete (in writing) the study guide questions. So far this has worked fine for us. I will probably have him start taking notes when he is working on high school level materials. Hopefully that won't be waiting too long.

Yvonne

I do have him write down the definitions, complete (in writing) all the on your own questions, and complete (in writing) the study guide questions. Yvonne

This is what I do with my 7th grader too and it is working well. She writes answers to the On Your Own questions and then checks the answers herself. I go over the Study Guide questions with her before the test.

For my advanced 6th grader i have her take notes on the most important things in the chapter with the understanding that she can then use these notes on the test. This is one way of motivating her to take good accurate notes and she doesn't complain. Of course, she has gotten almost perfect scores on the test. Next year, she will take nots but not have them available for the tests.

pam

For my advanced 6th grader i have her take notes on the most important things in the chapter with the understanding that she can then use these notes on the test. This is one way of motivating her to take good accurate notes and she doesn't complain. Of course, she has gotten almost perfect scores on the test. Next year, she will take nots but not have them available for the tests.

pam

I like this idea! Great way to motivate her to take notes and hopefully develop a good habit.