Menu

What supplies do I really "need" for Apologia Chemistry?

I would suggest getting the lab kit from Home Science Tools or Nature's Workshop Plus, rather than putting a kit together yourself. ER did Apologia Chemistry a couple of years ago (10th) and he did almost all of the experiments. He loves Chemistry and enjoyed the experiments (but he likes the Advanced Chemistry experiments even more because there are more chemicals and he gets to mix them and see the solutions change color, etc.). :)

I love the way HTT puts their kits together. It really makes it so much simpler. Then all I have to do is be sure to get the draino or whatever....I did not have their kit for Chem because I already had most of the stuff. But I did buy it for physics this year....very glad...much easier than going out and getting copper tubing cut to the right length....

Absolutley get the kit it is money well spent.

Other than that all you need is the book, tests and solutions manual.

Well, there are a few more things you'll need...like a specific type of toilet bowl cleaner and Drano (that's what I remember off the top of my head). But the kit supplies all the things that you wouldn't just find at a store like WalMart or Target.