Menu

WTMA Biology Lab questions

For those who have past experience.....

I am trying to order lab supplies.  I am using the recommended site.  Is there an easier way than ordering each little thing individually?  For instance, I only need 4 test tubes and most come in minimum packages of 12.  Or I only need 20 mL of ethanol but the smallest quantity is 500 mL.

Also, we live in an area where is snows for more weeks out of the year than not.  And it snows a lot with accumulations almost every day.  Our snow will be here until after the class stops meeting.  I understand this means ordering bugs and stuff.  I have looked ahead at the labs and there are two I am concerned about.

The first is the spaghetti "worm" and bird experiment.  We will still be getting a great deal of snow at that time and often blizzards where everything is either going to get covered, frozen, and/or blown away.  Has anyone dealt with this?

The second is the Dichotomous Lab that requires "access to 16 different species of *local* organisms" with more info to be provided later.  Can anyone give me a clue as to how much of a problem it might be that we are still buried in snow at that time?  Pine trees, birds, plow drivers, and squirrels are about all that is alive at that time....most of which are not going to take too kindly to being caught for observation.

• Like 1

For those who have past experience.....

I am trying to order lab supplies.  I am using the recommended site.  Is there an easier way than ordering each little thing individually?  For instance, I only need 4 test tubes and most come in minimum packages of 12.  Or I only need 20 mL of ethanol but the smallest quantity is 500 mL.

we ordered most stuff on amazon. just the stuff they didn't have we ordered elsewhere. but they mostly had everything we needed, plus free shipping for me.

Also, we live in an area where is snows for more weeks out of the year than not.  And it snows a lot with accumulations almost every day.  Our snow will be here until after the class stops meeting.  I understand this means ordering bugs and stuff.  I have looked ahead at the labs and there are two I am concerned about.

i could mail you tons of pillbugs if they mail easily. LOL!

The first is the spaghetti "worm" and bird experiment.  We will still be getting a great deal of snow at that time and often blizzards where everything is either going to get covered, frozen, and/or blown away.  Has anyone dealt with this?

there is an alternative lab for this (for us anyway) that involved non-live animals.

The second is the Dichotomous Lab that requires "access to 16 different species of *local* organisms" with more info to be provided later.  Can anyone give me a clue as to how much of a problem it might be that we are still buried in snow at that time?  Pine trees, birds, plow drivers, and squirrels are about all that is alive at that time....most of which are not going to take too kindly to being caught for observation.

i forget how this one was....