Menu

Any Idahoans? Looking at a ski trip with range of ages

Miss Marple

We are considering a ski trip somewhere in Idaho, basically because it's a state we've never been to, and have heard it's beautiful :)  My adult sons, daughter in law, grandkids, my parents (76 and 80 yo) and aunt (67) will be going.  All the younger adults ski, I ski (but not as vigorously), and my grandson could probably do kiddie ski school (3 yo).  

So, where would you recommend for a place that has good skiing plus other things to do for the older folks.  They are usually happy to just sit in a pretty place and read or chat.  We will get a vacation rental (VRBO type) for all of us.  I have heard that Coeur d'Alene is beautiful. We aren't looking for an exotic place; just one to relax, get away, and enjoy some winter sports.

Recommendations?  We will be flying from Tulsa and the others from Lubbock, TX.  We have ski equipment...but may decide to just rent.    Oh, we are thinking about going shortly after Christmas.  I know that will be more expensive, but it works for everyone's schedules.