Menu

Flylady support for Thursday Aug 17

3 ladybugs

Good morning Flyminds!      ;)

Welcome to the Flylady support thread. To find out what Flylady is: http://www.flylady.net/ You can also find people on YouTube if you search for it. 

Please join in on the fun!

FYI Flylady Diane (Diane in Denmark on You Tube) is going to start the baby steps again. She is also on Instantgram. 

I did fairly well yesterday. At least if I do say so myself. I finished the day strong and nearly knocked out my list! YAY!

Today I need to:

• Finish my Power hour (blessing hour)
  • Do a load of laundry
  • Finish the project I was working on (just need snaps)
  • Do a cooking day for OAMM (this is big, I have 2 plans and need to do both... or at least get it to a point where I can EASILY finish it tomorrow)
  • Take kids to swim class
  • Take printers to recycling center
  • Purchase elbow noodles

If I have time I would like to do:

• Clean the swing I got recently
  • Do a 5-10 minute hot spot clean

It seems like a short list, but I know it isn't. Tomorrow DH is working from home again. So I need to get anything loud done today. Tomorrow we need to get ready for our trip to see the eclipse! YAY!!

Edited by 3 ladybugs
  • Like 1

Good morning!

My morning stuff is mostly done. I've got a busy weekend coming up and need to spend some time today and tomorrow getting ready for that, so a little less cleaning.

Side note: I'm liking having a list of things to do in the morning. Most of it I do anyways, so by the time I actually look at the list, I can mark off several things. Yay little successes! Plus, I've add "take medicine" to my morning list. Not sure why I'm so bad at doing that consistently, but this is definitely helping. 

Today's mission (toss old cosmetics) should help my tiny vanity situation, without requiring a lot of time or buying any organization items. 

Update of my list from yesterday: 

• glue back on floor guide for closet bypass doors - 10 minutes Next week
  • finish patching holes that my kids have put in the walls (they need a quick sand and hopefully final pass of spackle - 15 minutes Next week
  • put up new 3M hooks for reading tent lights - 10 minutes
  • open kids clothes I ordered over tax-free weekend and decide what to keep and what to return - 30 minutes Next week
  • check to see if I have tile/grout sealer and applicator tool, order if I don't - 5 minutes I have it! And I know where it is!
  • use tile/grout sealer on kids' shower - 30 minutes - first pass done, need to let it dry and then do second coat this afternoon
  • wash shower curtain for downstairs bathroom - 10 minutes (active time)
  • cut new full-size shower curtain liner down to size for downstairs bathroom, switch out liners - 20 minutes
  • clean Roomba, figure out if any filters/other parts need to be replaced, order - 45 minutes Ordered a refresh kit of brushes and filters.

Aside from needing to get other things done today and tomorrow, I'm going to try to get those reading tent lights done and the shower tile sealed today. Those things are out on the kitchen counter, and I don't want them accusing me all weekend ...

Edited by JIN MOUSA

I did horrible yesterday. Realized when the girls were going to bed that somehow all of the twin fitted sheets are "dirty". I think they were making forts or something. I have to wash all the sheets today which wasn't on my radar. I also need to do towels because they went through ALL of the towels again.  :cursing:  And all of the kids have sore throats & runny noses which means I get to pick dirty tissues all day long.  :glare:

Since I have yet to shower, I will clean the shower today.  :lol:

• Like 1

So I have questions about dusting. I know the flylady recommendation is a feather duster, but in my experience, they just redistribute the dust, not actually pick it up. It's the same reason I don't use a broom; you can get a lot of things into the pan and toss it, but it also stirs up a lot of dust.

So when I dust I either use the vacuum with the hose attachment or a microfiber cloth, that I then shake out outside. Admittedly, I don't dust frequently, so when I do there's a lot built up. It just comes down to I feel like I'm doing it wrong. 

So what do you use?

And how do you make sure the dust is actually being removed (not just moved)?

So I have questions about dusting. I know the flylady recommendation is a feather duster, but in my experience, they just redistribute the dust, not actually pick it up. It's the same reason I don't use a broom; you can get a lot of things into the pan and toss it, but it also stirs up a lot of dust.

So when I dust I either use the vacuum with the hose attachment or a microfiber cloth, that I then shake out outside. Admittedly, I don't dust frequently, so when I do there's a lot built up. It just comes down to I feel like I'm doing it wrong. 

So what do you use?

And how do you make sure the dust is actually being removed (not just moved)?

I use a microfiber cloth or vacuum depending on the surface needing to be dusted.