Menu

TTRS verses Keyboarding Without Tears

I have not used KWT but I have attended the teacher training workshop. It looks like a great program for a classroom and I really wish I could get my school to switch over. That being said, it is designed for use in a classroom. To get full benefit from the program, you will need to have a "teacher" account to manage your child's account. There are teacher directed lessons available that are do not show up on the student portal on stuff like internet safety and netiquette, and it included ideas for,ways students can practice keyboarding skills in a classroom where there apis not one computer for each child. One bad thing about it is that it is purchased as individual licenses. One license must be purchased per student per level per year. Once a student has completed a level, it is finished. The student does not have access to the level indefinitely to repeat lessons or for additional practice. It is only good for one year (I can't remember if it is calendar year or school year) once the time period is up, it has to be paid for again to continue even if the level was not completed.

In the long run it may be more cost effective for only one child to purchase software that costs more but you have access to as long as you want.

• Like 1

I have not used KWT but I have attended the teacher training workshop. It looks like a great program for a classroom and I really wish I could get my school to switch over. That being said, it is designed for use in a classroom. To get full benefit from the program, you will need to have a "teacher" account to manage your child's account. There are teacher directed lessons available that are do not show up on the student portal on stuff like internet safety and netiquette, and it included ideas for,ways students can practice keyboarding skills in a classroom where there apis not one computer for each child. One bad thing about it is that it is purchased as individual licenses. One license must be purchased per student per level per year. Once a student has completed a level, it is finished. The student does not have access to the level indefinitely to repeat lessons or for additional practice. It is only good for one year (I can't remember if it is calendar year or school year) once the time period is up, it has to be paid for again to continue even if the level was not completed.

In the long run it may be more cost effective for only one child to purchase software that costs more but you have access to as long as you want.

Thank you! I wondered why it was so inexpensive. Makes sense now.