Menu

Best place or method to sell things online?

Grantmom

I have never liked to do yard sales, because for me, they always turn out to be a lot of work with very little return.  So I gave up on them many years ago and I donate everything.  However, I am now downsizing substantially and my kids have moved out of the young phase for good, and we have a lot of things in great shape that I'd like to rehome.  I would love to try to sell some of the things that are like new and still have value. Where do you like to buy or sell things like clothes, curriculum, winter coats, etc., online?

Craigslist is the best bet for things like furniture, larger home décor items, one of a kind things, kid/baby gear (not recalled and no drop-side cribs) winter coats in great shape, and shoes/boots that are name brand and hold up well like Keens or Merrill.

For little shelf trinkets or small décor items - best to still donate those. Same with smaller kitchen goods. Donate any linens.

If the clothing is style considered a current trend, you could try a consignment shop. But if the clothing is dated (which they consider to be 1-2 years old), then you should just donate that too.

• Like 1

Thanks!  Yes, when I say clothes I am talking about things like LL Bean snowpants and winter coats that are in like new shape, and hiking boots that were never worn, stuff that is in really good shape and would be the exact same if someone bought it new today.

What about homeschooling books and curriculum?  I've got stuff like Life of Fred, AoPS and similar that we are ready to pass on, too.