Menu

most useful unconventional school supplies

Do you know the brand of these? They sound great!!!

Sorry, just saw this. This is the us one. Now that I think about it I think I was the rainbow resource booth I purchased it from. They've gone up in price by about $1 but are still inexpensive. The white board quality is good, they don't get shadows even when we leave our marks for a couple days to add to them before erasing.

http://www.rainbowresource.com/product/sku/013390/

• Like 1

Post it flags, HP Instant Ink so I always have plenty of ink in the printer, yoga ball, (would love to have a trampoline), whiteboards of all sizes and really love the extra fine tip expo markers, YouTube, iPad

Have you had a good experience with instant ink? We had it for one year included with a printer that I reviewed (I 'work' as a products reviewer). The printer was great but we were printing very little at that time and didn't even use the cartridges it came with in the first year. At the year mark it wanted our pay,met information so they could charge us by the month to use the ink that was already sitting in the printer. Ridiculous and wasteful! We threw it away and got a color laser printer and copier since we're back to homeschooling and will be printing much more now.

Dry erase boards of all shapes and sizes.  We have lined ones, one that is lined on the bottom and blank on the top (for drawing pictures), one that is blank and magnetic, smaller lined strips, a magnetic one with magnetic math symbols and numbers for doing math.  One that has a chore chart on the back (which we don't use, but it is foldable so I can prop it up on our table or wherever) and also magnetic...I keep the AAS magnets on there.  We use those things like crazy.   And plastic paper protectors, because they can turn any worksheet into a dry erase board.

A clipboard has become essential.   Any work gets propped up on that.   Gives a hard background to those plastic paper protectors with worksheets in them too.

Love the magnetic bookmarks too.

Although our most unconventional school supply we use EVERY DAY is toys.   I learned our first year that I could teach my son just about anything easier if he was taught in "play school" (where the toys are the students...but of course, really he is because he controls them, and I'm playing teacher with a toy dinosaur or lego figure or whatever).  We learn the same stuff, just play as we learn it. 

OH, and blank books.  We use those in stead of folders for lapbooks (I buy them in sets really cheep in the Target dollar section whenever I see them there). 

Edited by goldenecho
  • Like 1

Trampoline.

I totally understand this one.  We did math facts practice all the time while jumping on the bed (actually, there's research physical activity helps with learning, and it did!  Plus on days we couldn't get to the park it garunteed some PE and getting math and PE done at the same time was super convenient).