Menu

The Potters School English?

I am considering switching over to TPS for English 1 or 2 from WTMA Expository Writing 1.  I like the idea of having Grammar, Lit and Writing done in one class.   She did well in WTMA EW1 and has a 96 average, and I am concerned that the grading may have been too easy??? I am not sure she is really understanding Writing with Skill... She will do the assignments and does decent on them, but not sure she is truly internalizing it all.  I like the way The Potter's School has the students turn in their rough drafts before they turn in their final copy.  

Anyone have children take a class from both places?  Advice?

Any Potter's school class you enter will have you do a placement test so they should be able to make sure her writing is at the class level you're trying to get her into.  Yes, the Potter's school does have students turn in rough drafts but during the time the teacher is grading those rough drafts, your student will be working on another paper that will be due either that week or a week into the future.  My two children who have taken Potter's school classes rarely have a rest from writing.  There's always something.  

That being said, if you want a child who can write well, Potter's school classes excel at that.

Any Potter's school class you enter will have you do a placement test so they should be able to make sure her writing is at the class level you're trying to get her into.  Yes, the Potter's school does have students turn in rough drafts but during the time the teacher is grading those rough drafts, your student will be working on another paper that will be due either that week or a week into the future.  My two children who have taken Potter's school classes rarely have a rest from writing.  There's always something.  

That being said, if you want a child who can write well, Potter's school classes excel at that.

Thank you!! Can you tell me what instructors your children had for English?