Menu

Can you rec. an online writing class called: Online Scribblers?

It looks like they're based in San Diego, but again, it's online. We're on the East Coast. They teach classes for 3rd to 12th grade.

Before I fork out more money, did your kids take any of these classes from OnlineScribblers.com?

Courses  are:

Paragraph Writing Basics (gr. 3-5)                                   Paragraph Writing Basics (gr. 3-5)

Introduction to Poetry (gr. 3-8)                                        Poetry II (gr. 3-8)

Grammar I (gr. 4-9)                                                            Grammar I (gr. 4-9)

Grammar II (gr. 4-9)                                                           Grammar II (gr. 4-9)

Writing the Short Story (gr. 4-9)                                       Grammar III (gr. 5-9)

Writing the 5 Paragraph Paper (gr. 6-9)                         Techniques of Creative Writing (gr. 4-8)

Essay Writing (gr. 5-9)                                                        Writing the 5 Paragraph Paper (gr. 6-9)

Journaling: The Writer's Voice (gr. 8-12)                       Writing the 5 Paragraph Paper II (gr.6-9)

High School Academic Papers (gr. 9-12)                       Essay Writing (gr. 5-9)  

Test Prep (gr. 9-12)                                                             High School Academic Paper II (gr. 9-12)

Business Writing (gr. 9-12) 

Thank you for any help. My boys are technically in 9th grade in Sept.

Alley

• Like 1

I haven't used it myself. I'm the one that listed it on the online classes resources. It's well known in my area. The families that have used it thought very highly of the classes. Just be aware these are asynchronous classes. What time you are will not matter. Whether or not you prefer live instruction does matter. 

• Like 3

No, it's their own program. 

The online feedback from people posting to our local groups has been that it is a highly structured class. Josie (the instructor) gives a lot of personalized instruction and will receive a comprehension report on their skills and a grade. 

If you are looking for IEW, it's Shawn or Rebecca in our area that does live classes.

Edited by calbear
  • Like 2