Menu

Ideas for least expensive online or correspondence high school history course that has deadlines...

And feedback?  I really am not too worried about the content.  We will be discussing everything.

I just want her to have to follow deadlines, and get some feedback from someone or something grading it other than me.

I know I could do Monarch, T4L or SVOHS...but all of these are self-paced..I would prefer my dd have some outside accountability with grading for all of her courses next year.

This is for an 8th grader, but she can work at an average 9th grade level next year.

(and yes I know I already asked a very similar question but I cannot find the thread....)

Edited by Calming Tea

Monarch isn't what I think of when I think self-paced. We are almost done with our one month free trial. My daughter likes it well enough that we are going to continue. I set up the school year. I assigned her classes. Then Monarch filled in the calendar with assignments and due dates. Anything multiple choice the computer grades. Essays and labs are sent to me to grade. I can delete any assignment that I don't want her to do. Most units have a place where I can add a document with a lesson that I want to add. It is not my favorite curriculum, but it is getting done with little fuss. That is what my daughter and I both needed right now.