Menu

High School Geometry

Please give me some options here.

My daughter is not a STEM student...college bound but not in the sciences or math.

She took algebra using the program Math Relief Algebra, which I feel is a great program, complete with plenty of practice.

So, naturally, I assumed the Math relief Geometry would be a complete....well, after buying it and having my daughter nearly complete it by Christmas, I felt differently.  Many days there are no more than 4-6 problems to solve per lesson...and it just doesn't seem to be at the same level of difficulty as the Algebra did.

So, now I am trying to decide what to do about it.  Do I assume that she has done enough...do I look for something else to add?  I looked at Key to geometry...but that didn't seem right....I noticed that great courses has a DVD series...but I am just not sure.

Please, tell me some options that I might have?

She is a sophomore this year....and next year I had hoped to move on to Algebra 2....that is all she needs for college entrance to the college of her choice.  

I am open to all ideas you might have.

Also, since I have 2 more kids following (one just a year behind), I need to find a different program for geometry (DVD based preferably, but reasonably priced), so ideas for that too are appreciated.

thanks.

Kathy

Assuming you can teach it, you might look at the geometry chapters of MEP math levels 8-10 for your daughter. It is free and downloadable. It is easy to pick and choose which chapters you need to cover.

As far as a program for your next kids, you might look at Derek Owens. It is online video based.