Menu

Is 2016 over yet? And a medical question.

BlsdMama

I'm glad! I hate to add to your anxiety, but I'd rather you take this seriously. If it is MS, the sooner you start treatment, the better off you are. If you do not have MS, the sooner they figure out what you do have, the better.

As for reading about MS, let me tell you about my son. 

His dx was a year ago tomorrow. We had been in the hospital for days and the MS dx was a relief. It wasn't lymphoma. What led to his hospitalization: nausea, vomiting, a numb from knee to toes, and a funny gait. The numbness was written off as a pinched nerve. The vomiting and nausea was due to a "bug". His gait steadily got worse, but no one thought to do a neuro exam until the admitting ED doc did one. That led to a CT, which led to them moving us to direct observation, which led to a transfer to a Ped's hospital, and so on. 

If you look at MS (not Pediatric MS, which does have a separate list of symptoms), no where do you see nausea/vomiting, the problem that took us to the ED (IV rehydration, 2nd time in 24 hours after vomiting for 6 days). The gait might have led to a neuro exam, eventually. 

My point is that no one person presents with MS in one way. It all depends on where the lesions are located.

As for losing your mind, I totally understand!

Kris

Kris,

This was a very valuable post for me.  I had thought an MRI would be all the same - I'll read more on MS protocols.  The general practice MD did ask about familial ties to MS.  I have none.  Honestly I just have NO other symptoms of anything - no tingling, no pain, no discomfort, no inflammation, no......  anything in any place - no neck discomfort, back discomfort, hip discomfort, etc.  Just this slow downhill decline from a leg that behaved oddly when cold to a leg that behaved badly when tired to now a leg that behaves "off" as much as "on" lately.  

I swear, when it's good, I think I'm losing my mind.  And when it's not good, I wonder if I'm making it that way with anxiety. :p

SaveSave