Menu

Carol Joy Seid Seminar?

I listened to her on The Read Aloud Revival's podcast and have heard about her through my years of homeschooling.  Has anyone ever bought a seminar by her?  Is it worth it?  I am trying to get us as a family to love books more and am wondering if just having my kids read through historical literature would be worthwhile without a program.  I'm so trying to simplify things around here but get more richness.

I recently bought her Homeschool Made Simple seminar and am about halfway through it. I'm really enjoying it so far and am surprised I hadn't heard of her before now. I'm getting things out of it in spite of HSing for awhile already, and yet I'm also thinking of getting it for some new HSers. I can post a more specific review when I finish the seminar. But I think if you're going for more simplicity+richness, it would be a good fit.

I am longing for simplicity and richness --I'm getting closer. I also am thinking about it for people considering homeschooling and using tips and thoughts from it. I already have a friend who wants to borrow it. Let me know what your final review is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I have finished the series and I have mixed feelings recommending it for a veteran homeschooler. The first couple sessions were good, where she talks about a general vision for a simple, lit-rich homeschool. In the later sessions, she gets into more particulars, and most suggestions are for younger, elementary students.

Overall I think this seminar would be a really good fit for newbies or people interested in homeschooling. I'm still glad I got it, but most of the benefit was gleaned in the first three lessons.

ScoutTN has an excellent review on CJS here.