Menu

Documentaries to Compliment Studying Bram Stoker's Dracula

It's raining off and on in my neck of the woods today, so I'm doing research for supplemental materials for school, as we start in a couple weeks.

Anyway, I came across these documentaries which caught my fancy.  DD came down from her room and looked over my shoulder.  She found them fascinating and decided to watch them as well.  We're not planning on reading Dracula this year, and most of us know that Stoker borrowed his character from the historical Vlad Dracol the Impaler (of which there are many documentaries), but I thought that if any of you have scheduled that classic for your DC, you may also want to include these as well:

• PBS Doc - Vampire Legend: Secrets of the Dead (Using science to explain the potential medical causes of the myth of vampirism)
  • The Real Dracula - Vlad The Impaler. I believe this one should have been titled differently. It approaches & describes the story of Vlad from the aspect of the architecture of his many castles and uses CGI to reconstruct the castles.)

• Like 1