Menu

Combine Apologia Human Anatomy and Physiology with Apologia General Science?

Our co-op will teach Apologia Human Anastomy and Physiology with lab. The teacher is phenomenal, and we have been with her for the past 6 years! I am deciding btw just having ds11.7 do this or combining it with General Science. If I combine, then ds will only attend the co-op class and do the labs there without any reading or writing for the class. He will read the general science textbook and do the labs at home and also write down answers for the review questions. Or I can buy him the notebook to use. I will also let him skip the human body chapters in the general science textbook because he is getting 16 lectures and labs about human body at co-op.

Have you done this kind of combining? Do you think this plan of mine will work?

Thanks!

I wouldn't. General Science is just what it says- General Science. It covers an overview of what most kids would cover in elementary school with a few added topics like anatomy.

So, just skip General and do the co op and let that be your complete Science. I would definitely not miss out on that fun and fully enriching experience for General Science.

And doing both would be overkill and unnecessary.

You can go straight from elementary Science to Physical Science. :)

• Like 3

I pick co-op science for fun and great teachers. If it's a complete class with reading/homework etc. then you certainly don't need more science.

Assuming you won't be doing any outside work (reading/homework) for the co-op, then I pick my own science at home separately. I think it is fine for an 11 year old to only do science at co-op and then get more some other year, but at my home we do lots of science. I would simply pick whatever I want to teach at home and do it. If there is some overlap, I may or may not complement what is learned at co-op with what I teach at home.