Menu

Will you help me brainstorm for an assignment? (Catholic content - but not really)

Faithr

I promise I'm not cheating!  I just can't come up with a topic!  I've been stalling on this for weeks. But I have to get it done before Friday.

The assignment is to find a website or on line article of a dubious nature making a dubious argument for something.  Then I have to find a trustworthy website that counters the dubious website.  This is for a Theology school, so naturally the other classmates have gravitated to those sorts of topics.  They've taken all the obvious ones!  One guy did post on some conspiracy theory about the government controlling the weather.  Actually, the assignment does not limit the topic to theological ones.

So anybody got any ideas?  If you do, please help!  I will look for the websites myself.  I just can't come up with anything even though I know about a million times a year I'll read something dubious on the internet and think:  that can't be right!  Or, whoa, is that the most biased thing ever!

Thanks for any ideas.

Well, when my dd was researching articles on drought a couple years ago, she found this website from some guy in India who said he liked to look at topics having done no research whatsoever and draw conclusions.  So in his first paragraph or so, he actually redefined drought as the absence of trees and concluded that to end drought, we simply needed to plant trees.

There ya go.

• Like 1