Menu

English Lessons Through Literature...

I am thinking about using this program for my 1st, 4th and 7th grader.  I have been told that Level 5 is great for a 7th grader.  I looked at the samples, but it is hard to really get a grasp of the program with the samples.  Is this program truly enough??  My 4th and 7th did CLE last year and R&S before that and we need a change.  The 7th grader will also be taking WWS with WTMA this year.  Would these programs work well together?  

I guess I am wondering if this program is truly complete, or should I stick with CLE/R&S?

My 7th grader is using level 5. The grammar is plenty. It includes some gentle literary analysis. The writing might be not enough for the average 7th grader, but since your doing WWS, that won't matter. I agree that you may need to cut out some writing from ELTL. They do a lot of copywork and dictation. My 7th grader is a little behind on writing ability, so ELTL has been great for him. He's done some of WWS, but we're taking a break from that and will resume it at some point this year. This child writes the bare minimum required of the assignment.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk