Menu

Hoffman Academy Piano question

boscopup

I know some folks here use Hoffman Academy. I have a question about the unit materials that you can buy... How long does it typically take the average child to go through a unit? I notice that the 2.0 subscription thing will start in September and give access to all the unit materials, so if I'm going to be using a subscription later, I don't want to buy all the units if we'll only get through a couple of them before that point. My kids are 7, 9, and 12. The 12 year old would probably move quicker through the material, of course.

We've only done one lesson so far, and we'll be doing lesson 2 today. I'd like to go ahead and buy the materials for today, but I need to decide whether to get 1-6 at once or just get unit 1 for now.

Totally depends on how fast you want to do them. We usually aim to do 2-3 video lessons a week, but my girls are younger than yours. Honestly, we go a little slower than that, but that's my goal. If my kids were your kids age, I would probably aim for 3-4 lessons per standard school week, but ymmv. So, at that pace, you'd get through a unit every month, month and a half.  So I'd say maybe 2 units max before September? 

We're almost done with unit 2, so I'm not an expert, but I hope that helps.

Edited by Meagan S

That is helpful! Thank you! My older son will probably progress a lot faster than my younger two. But they all like the lessons so far. Just did the second one, and they enjoyed it.

I think I'll just get unit 1 for now, and hopefully we can stretch out two units until September.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

It's like taking piano lessons from Mr. Rogers. My girls adore Mr. Hoffman. My 4 year old will usually watch her sister's lessons just for the silly finger puppets at the end. I am very happy with the program so far and even backed their Kickstarter a few months back. I hope you guys like it.

I know some folks here use Hoffman Academy. I have a question about the unit materials that you can buy... How long does it typically take the average child to go through a unit? I notice that the 2.0 subscription thing will start in September and give access to all the unit materials, so if I'm going to be using a subscription later, I don't want to buy all the units if we'll only get through a couple of them before that point. My kids are 7, 9, and 12. The 12 year old would probably move quicker through the material, of course.

We've only done one lesson so far, and we'll be doing lesson 2 today. I'd like to go ahead and buy the materials for today, but I need to decide whether to get 1-6 at once or just get unit 1 for now.

My daughter, on her own, found Hoffman Academy and we will be starting it soon.  I was planning on buying the units 1-6 materials within a few weeks.  What is the 2.0 subscription that you are talking about??  I just briefly checked the site and didn't see anything about it.  Somehow I missed this.  Can you either link to it or explain?  Thank you!

Edited by BatmansWife

They had a Kickstarter a few months back to fund 2.0. Here's the video explaining the project, and if you Google Hoffman Academy Kickstarter you'll get more info as well.

Basically they will let you access the materials and a bunch of other features for a monthly cost rather than buying the Pdf. The videos will still be free and they are trying to double the number of lessons.

Edited by Meagan S