Menu

Have you ever hosted a Math Kangaroo test site?

I'm still in the thinking phase.  We are two and a half hours from the closest Math Kangaroo test site, and we have a super-involved, proactive library with a big meeting room. 

What might be involved in getting a test site here?  Have you done it? 

Yes, I have.  It's easy.  The MK folks are friendly to homeschoolers, and respond quickly to emailed questions.  They waive the registration fee for your kids if you host a site, but you'll need to let them know when registration gets underway.  

You can make your center "open" to anyone who wants to register, or invite only those you want to show up, by giving them a password to the MK hosted registration site.  They make that easy for you.  

The trickiest thing is they don't like having parents proctor when their own children are taking the exam.  I usually hire a homeschooled teenager to proctor or someone from Task Rabbit.  

I've hosted for several years and it's been a positive experience for us.  LMK if you have further questions.  

• Like 1