Menu

Easy "sandwich" roll recipe?

I need to make rolls that will be done - or at least ready to go in the oven by 2pm. DH can handle baking them while i go to the dentist.

I found these - they sound good, push the time limit, i'm a total NOVICE baker, and i ahve no cornmeal.... (oh and i think i only have 4 small loaf pans - so something that didn't need a pan would work....)

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/baked-baguettes-recipe/index.html

I have a basic dough recipe i could use - or heck, i could have DH stop at the store and just BUY some (or i could on the way home), but i bought 25lobs of bread flour yesterday - i probably should USE IT :D

Thanks for anything! LOL!!!

Here is one we use. Make your dough with your regular recipe. Roll out like cinnamon rolls. Spread with butter, and garlic powder- just enough to taste. Put on pepperoni and light amount of Mozzerella cheese- not too much or it will leak. Roll up and bake on a cookie sheet for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. You can also do this with ham and sheese or whatever else you want. :D

Opps sorry! I misunderstood. Here is my recipe.

2 1/2 cups of water

2tbls yeast

3tbls sugar

1tbls salt

1/3 c oil

6c flour

Mix water and yeast allow to sit for a few minutes. Add remaining ingredients and let your mixer knead the dough until it is a soft dough. Let it rise in mixer (if you have one or in a greased bowl if you don't) Punch down every 10 minutes for 2-3 times. Divide into 3 equal parts. Roll it out like a cinnamon roll. At this point you can either roll it up plain and let rise for 30 minutes for sub sandwich bread or fill with your goodies then roll. With a sharp knife cut slight slits in the top of the bread. Bake as directed above. this will come out looking like a loaf of french bread. When it comes out of the oven brush the top with butter. YUMMY!