Menu

Duolingo?

Yes!  Took me a while to find it, but it's buried in their FAQs somewhere.  

Basically, not all, but many email providers allow you to use the following format to use "separate" email addresses that all still come to your main email inbox.  I know for sure gmail allows this.  Basically, if your email address is MyName@gmail.com, then you can sign up for duolingo using the address MyName+KidName@gmail.com.  DuoLingo recognizes it as a separate email address, but gmail recognizes it as yours, so all your duolingo notifications will go to your email address.  Basically, just add the plus symbol and then whatever designator you want, and you are good to go.  You can have multiple ones- MyName+Kid1@gmail.com, MyName+Kid2@gmail.com, etc.  

Hopefully you have gmail or some other email program that allows this (according to Duolingo, most do).

• Like 2

I have set up Duolingo for my three girls and myself, all with my one email account. I will have to go and check, but I think we are set up as a classroom. This way, the girls are my students so I actually receive a weekly email with their report and progress for the week, all in the one email :)

• Like 2

I have set up Duolingo for my three girls and myself, all with my one email account. I will have to go and check, but I think we are set up as a classroom. This way, the girls are my students so I actually receive a weekly email with their report and progress for the week, all in the one email :)

I may have done something wrong.  (Very likely!)  But I found that even if you set the kids up as a classroom, you still need an individual email address for each student.   I set my kids up as a classroom, but I had to use Monica's trick to get it to work.   Maybe there is another way, but it kept asking for a unique email address.  

I am considering getting the kids Goodreads accounts to track their reading, so this gmail trick will come in handy there too.   (Thanks again Monica!!)    And I would never have guessed to do this with my gmail account---or even thought to google this possibility.   My mind is blown.  :)   

P.S.   If any of your kids have duolingo accounts and want to be friends with my kids, let me know!   Send me a PM.   My daughter is super competitive and wants to have friends that she can follow the progress on.    I don't think the kids can talk, but they can see the leaderboard and see who has practiced the most this week. (stuff like that.)   My hope is that it encourages them to stay consistent with their vocab review.  :)   

P.P.S. I only wish we could review Latin with duolingo.  ;)  

• Like 1